Carnivore ragù sauce
Photo credit: Dana Dorobantu
This recipe is easily put together and delicious to enjoy with a group of friends!
- ServesYields 12
- Prep time30 mins
- Cook time5 hours
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1,5 kg of boneless chuck roast
- 1 1/3 of bacon
- 2 boxes (227 g each) of white mushrooms, washed and cut in half
- 2 yellow onions, minced
- 1 cup of red wine
- 8 mild or spicy Italian sausages, cut in three pieces
- 1 can (796 ml) of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (796 ml) of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 Laurel leaves
- 3 twigs of fresh rosemary
- 3 twigs of fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and place the rack at the centre of it.
- Heat the oil in a large pot on high heat, then sear the roast on each side then set aside on a plate.
- In that same pot, cook the bacon over medium-high heat along with the mushrooms and onions for 8 minutes. Add a bit of oil if needed.
- Add the roast to this pot, then add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours or until the meat comes apart with a fork.
- Remove from the oven as well as the cover then set aside for 30 minutes.
- Pull apart the roast with two forks and then add all the meat to the sauce.
- Serve with pasta.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen.
Keeps for 5 days in the refrigerator and for 3 months in the freezer.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018