ZUCCHINI, MINT & FETA ANGEL HAIR PASTA
I always used to say that I didn’t really like mint. Times are changing, my friends, because this summer I’ve really been enjoying it (and not just in gum). If you’re like the old Marilou, you can substitute fresh cilantro or basil for the mint.
This pasta is great hot or cold (I’m leaning towards cold, though) and makes an excellent lunch to take to the office or to school. The next day, you can add a drizzle of olive or vegetable oil before digging in. 🙂
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time15 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 16 oz angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 green zucchinis, thinly julienned
- 2 yellow zucchinis, thinly julienned
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup mint, finely chopped
Replacement optionsor another herb of your choosing
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Save 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain. Set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Sauté the zucchini, garlic, and hot pepper flakes for 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, 1/2 cup of pasta water, and mint. Mix, add the feta cheese, and adjust the seasoning if necessary.