Pitas pizza topped with Chorizo & bell peppers
I’ve finally come up with an alternative to the classic tomato sauce for pizza! And honestly, it’s so good that you hardly have to add that many toppings. Tomatoes, basil and a bit of greens along with a drizzle of honey are more than enough.
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time10 - 12 mins
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 large pita bread
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 mozzarella di bufala balls, chopped in pieces
- Fresh tomatoes, quartered
- Fresh basil leaves
- Your preferred greens
- A drizzle of honey
- 1 1/2 cup of roasted bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup of chorizo, chopped in pieces
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, chopped
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place the rack at the center of it. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Blend all the sauce ingredients in the blender, then set aside.
- Add the pita breads to the baking sheet then baste with olive oil. Spread the sauce onto each piece, and garnish with the pieces of Mozzarella Di Bufala.
- Cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, then let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with the tomatoes, basil, greens and honey drizzle.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen. Keeps for 5 days in the fridge.