Apple couscous, feta & fresh herb salad
For two weeks I’ve been making myself different couscous salads every other day, using whatever I can find in the kitchen (edible stuff, of course). It’s been a great way to discover new tastes.
In a salad, grated apple—as opposed to apple cubes—makes a big difference. There’s joy in every bite!
Lime juice keeps the apples white, so don’t forget to add it!
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 apples
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour the couscous into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let it expand.
- In another bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Using a fork, separate the couscous.
- Add the dressing and feta and mix well.
- Peel and grate the apples. Add to the couscous, mix well, adjust the seasoning, and serve.