Buckwheat, asparagus, corn, black beans & dried tomato bowl
- ServesServes 2
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time15 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup of buckwheat
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 – 10 asparagus, sliced in pieces
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 3/4 cup of black beans
- 3/4 cup of corn
- 1/2 cup of alfalfa sprouts (or your preferred selection of sprouts)
- 1/4 cup of dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Rinse the buckwheat properly, then pour into a pot with water. Bring to a boil, cover, then simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Blend the sauce ingredients with a handheld mixer, then set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat then brown the asparagus and sunflower seeds for 5 minutes. Season then set aside.
- Add the buckwheat to the bowls, top with the asparagus mix, black beans, corn and alfalfa sprouts then drizzle with sauce.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018