Turkey fried rice & green vegetables
Here’s the perfect recipe to use up your turkey leftovers. Fried rice that is simple and quick to put together. A good fix for when you’re on holidays and you just don’t feel like cooking up a storm.
Photo credit : Cindy Boyce
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time12 min
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of broccoli, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup of frozen green peas
- 1 green pepper, cored and diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups of turkey, cooked and pulled appart
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce (or tamari)
- 3 tablespoons of mirin
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan, on medium heat then brown the vegetables for 5 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients then bake for another 7 minutes.
- Check the seasoning then serve.
Tips & tricks
Recipe published on August 19, 2018