Leek & mushroom risotto
Watch the video
Here’s a sneak peek of the main dish on our vegetarian menu: leek & mushroom risotto. You’ll also hear about my love for pre-cut leek (the lazy girl and lover of high-quality products in me are very excited about this!).
- ServesServes 4-6
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time25 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 5 cups vegetable broth
Replacement optionsor chicken broth
- 1 oz dried wild mushrooms, roughly chopped
- Dash of olive oil
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb wild mushrooms of your choice, sliced
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 9 oz sliced leek
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a pot, heat the vegetable broth and dried mushrooms. Simmer so it stays warm.
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil and sauté the mushrooms until nicely browned. Season generously, transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
- In the same pot (now empty), soften the leek in olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well, making sure it’s fully coated with oil. Pour in the white wine and let it reduce until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Using a ladle, pour 1 cup of the hot broth over the rice and wait until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Stir frequently.
- Repeat step 5 until the broth is gone. Add the Parmesan, sautéed mushrooms, and butter. Stir well.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018