Leek, pancetta & pea risotto
Making risotto can be daunting, but with a little patience it’s a piece of cake. The whole thing is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Your friends will be impressed when you serve this classic crowd-pleaser.
This dish is as comforting as it is rich: perfect for cool summer evenings.
- ServesServes 4–6
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time15 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- Dash of olive oil
- 2/3 cup pancetta, diced
Replacement optionsor bacon
- 1 cup leek, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup peas (or more, to taste)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan (or more, to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot, heat the chicken broth and keep warm.
- In a large pan, heat a dash of olive oil and brown the pancetta for 4–5 minutes.
- Add the leek and soften. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well, ensuring it’s coated with oil. Pour in the white wine and reduce until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Using a ladle, add 1 cup of the chicken broth and cook until the rice has absorbed all the liquid, stirring frequently.
- Repeat Step 5 until the broth is gone. Add the Parmesan, peas, and butter. Stir well.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018