Mint, avocado, peach & mini bocconcini salad
I needed mushrooms for my supper last night, so I went out for a quick in & out at the grocery store and I picked up a few things my stomach was ordering me to get, such as mini bocconcini.
Once I got home, I put together a small salad with what was left in my fruit basket (avocados, peaches & limes) and honestly, this is going to be my summer favourite. While my pregnancy hormones might make me a biased cook, (because everything seems to be either delicious or disgusting) I’m positive you’ll also love this recipe, let me know!!
I wanted a creamy dressing for this salad, which is my usual preference, but I also try not to add mayonnaise to everything, so I crushed a half a peach for the dressing, and it worked so well!
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time35 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 peaches
- 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil (or vegetable oil
- ½ a lime’s juice
- 2 large pinces of salt
- 1 jar (200 g) of mini bocconcini, strained
- 1 very ripe avocado, diced
- 4 – 6 leafs of fresh mint, chopped
- Pepper, as preferred
- Chop the peaches in half, then remove the pit.
- Peel half a peach then add to a bowl along with the oil, lime juice and salt.
- Blend with a handheld mixer until smooth, then set aside.
- Dice the remaining peaches (with the skin) then add to a salade bowl along with the remaining ingredients and top with the peach puree.
- Stir will, check seasoning then serve.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen. To be eaten the same day.