Zucchini & corn bowl
August is the time of the year when the garden is overflowing with zucchini and there’s lots of leftover corn in the fridge. I thought sharing a fast weekday recipe could help you out on days when you’re running short on time.
Obviously it’s nothing fancy, but it’s really good and it can save the day when you’re lacking inspiration.
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time15 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1-2 tablespoon butter
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups zucchini, finely diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups cheese, grated
- Cooked basmati rice, for serving
- In a pan, melt the butter and cook the onion and zucchini for a few minutes or until the onion is soft. Season generously.
- Add the corn and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the cheese, and mix well until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Serve over the basmati rice.