Camembert crostini with fig & watercress salad
The perfect combination of cheese, figs, and honey makes this Camembert crostini recipe truly divine. Served with a watercress side salad, it’s the perfect recipe for hot days, when you have a smaller appetite.
You might have noticed that I’ve been making a lot of salads lately. They’re truly the ideal summer meal; they’re refreshing and ready in no time at all.
- ServesServes 4–6
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time5 min
- Timeout10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 French shallot, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ciabatta baguette
- 7 oz Camembert cheese
- 4 fresh figs, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups watercress, washed thoroughly
- Dash of olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, sugar, and shallot. Season and marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette lengthwise, then slice into crostini of the desired thickness.
- Place the crostini on a baking sheet and top with the Camembert, figs, and nuts. Drizzle with honey and broil until the cheese is melted.
- In a salad bowl, combine the watercress, marinated shallot, and a dash of olive oil. Season.
- Serve the salad with a side of Camembert crostini.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018