Spicy mayo cucumber & crab spring rolls
I decided to take some time off 3 days before I left on my impromptu trip, because I realized it was either that or I was going to lose it. Literally.
I’d had the same cold for 3 weeks, my daughter and I were ping-pong-ing it back and forth. Our nights were terrible, and I had to lose my voice completely to finally stop and ask for help. Not in a week. Not in a month. Now.
I begged my mother, and my friend to join me on this selfish trip where one could be there to take care of my daughter whenever I needed it and the other to be with me while I vented and regrouped.
It was the right decision to make. Even though I had to overcome my deep fear of not following my work schedule, and to reschedule work plans that were dear to my heart.
I left what seemed essential, for fundamentals and in all honesty, it was well worth it.
It’s incredible what a few discussions, a shoulder to lean on, sleep and the ocean can do to the soul.
- Serves4 rolls
- Prep time30 min
- Cook time5 mins
- Timeout10 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha sauce
- 300g of crab meat
- 1/2 pear, diced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of Espelette pepper
- 4 large rice wraps
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 3/4 cup of cucumbers, julienned
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl, then set aside.
- Combine the crab meat, pear, cilantro, mayonnaise as well as the lemon juice and Espelette pepper, then set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water, submerge the rice wraps for 10 seconds then remove them from the water and lay flat onto a clean flat surface.
- Add some Boston lettuce o the bottom of a rice wrap along with 1/3 of crab mix and cucumber juliennes.
- Roll and repeat with every wrap.
- Serve the rolls with the sauce.