Turnip, pear & carrot cream soup
Here’s a delicious creamy soup recipe made with the most amazing combination of flavors. The pear softens the turnip’s stronger taste thus balancing each other out.
- Serves4 to 6
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time50 min
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 cups of turnips, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of pears, diced
- 2 cups of carrots, peeled and chopped
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can (396 ml) of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of chopped nuts, as preferred
- A drizzle of nut or sesame oil
- Heat the butter in a large pot on medium heat then brown the onion, garlic, honey, turnip, pear and carrots for 8 minutes. Season.
- Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat then simmer for 40 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth with a food processor or a hand-held mixer. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Top with nuts and a drizzle of oil to serve.
Tips & tricks
Adjust the liquid quantities depending on the desired texture.
Keeps for 3 days in the refrigerator and for 6 months in the freezer.