Tomato cream soup & cumin Kalamata olive garnish
Here’s a comfort food recipe that will make your home feel like one big hug. An easy to make supper that will warm you up on any cold winter day.
Photo credit: Cindy boyce
- Serves6 to 8
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time1 hour
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
Tomato cream soup
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cans (796 ml each) of whole tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1 cup of cream 15%
- 1/2 cup of Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Combine all the tomato cream soup ingredients, except for the cream, in a pot over low heat and simmer for an hour then add the cream.
- Blend the soup until smooth with a hand-held mixer. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed, then set aside.
- Mix all the garnish ingredients together in a small bowl then serve with the soup.
Tips & tricks
Adjust the liquid quantities depending on the desired texture.
Keeps for 3 days in the refrigerator.