Sweet potato, apple & pancetta cream soup
The perfect fix to use some old apples.
If you don’t have a microwave, you can dry the pancetta slices in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F and lay the pancetta onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top with another parchment paper and another baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, till the slices are nice and crispy.
Photo credit: Cindy Boyce
- Serves4 to 6
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time40 min
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups of sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of apples, chopped
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 4 to 6 slices of pancetta
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat, then cook the onion, sweet potatoes and apples for 8 minutes. Season.
- Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the chopped basil.
- Blend the soup until smooth with a food processor or a hand-held mixer. Adjust seasoning if needed, then set aside.
- Lay the pancetta slices onto a paper towel and cook in the microwave for a minute.
- Garnish the soup with dried slices of pancetta and serve.
Tips & tricks
Keeps for 5 days in the refrigerator. Can be frozen for 3 months.