Beet, pear & ginger soup
- Serves6 cups
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time35 mins
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 cups of beets, peeled and diced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 pear, peeled and quartered
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 lemon’s juice
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Brown the onion with the butter in a large pot for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and beets as well as the potato and pear then continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Either with a blender or a handheld mixer, puree the mix until smooth. Season well then serve.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018