Cauliflower & Gruyère soup topped with fried capers
- Serves8 cups
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time30 mins
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped roughly
- 4 cups of cauliflower
- 1 yellow flesh potato, peeled and diced
- 5 cups of chicken broth
Replacement optionsof vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar
- 1 cup of gruyère cheese, grated
Replacement optionsof emmenthal or Valbert
- 1/4 de cup of 35 % cream
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1/4 cup of capers, rinsed and strained
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Melt the butter in a large pot then soften the onion and cauliflower for 8 to 10 minutes, browning them.
- Add the potato, chicken broth and sherry vinegar. Bring to a boil then simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup with the grated cheese and cream then season.
- Mix the capers and vegetable oil in a bowl. Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes (read the intro first).
- Serve the soup topped with the capers.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen without the cream
Recipe published on August 19, 2018