Butternut squash, pear & almond butter cream soup
Here is a delicious creamy butternut squash soup that can easily be doubled if you are having a lot of people over for the holidays. You can switch the pears for apples and leek for onions to mix things up a little.
- Prep time30 min
- Cook time45 min
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cups of butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 pears, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup of leeks, sliced
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of 15% cream
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of chopped smoked almonds
- Melt the butter in a large pot on medium heat, then brown the squash pieces, pears, leeks and garlic for 10 minutes. Seasons.
- Add the chicken broth and almond butter then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Blend with a handheld mixer until smooth.
- Season then garnish with smoked almonds to serve.
Tips & tricks
Keeps for 5 days in the refrigerator