Farfalle & herb salad with clementines
It’s that time of year where I keep smelling my fingertips during the day because they smell so much like the delicious fruit I’ve peeled and enjoyed. So, if you are like me and you buy them by the caseload and are always happy to add them to any recipe, here’s a sunny pasta salad recipe.
Cress is a very delicate food, so I suggest you only mix it into the salad before serving.
- Serves4 to 6
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time10 to 12 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 Farfalles portions
- 4 to 5 clementines, peeled and quartered then halved
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
Replacement optionssesame seed oil
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 1 shallot, minced
Replacement options¼ of red onion
- 1 tablespoon of capers, minced
- 1/2 cup of canned cooked green lentils, strained
- 1/4 cup of hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 2 cups of cress
Replacement optionsof baby spinach, or arugula
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta following the instructions on the box. Strain and let cool completely.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, except the cress, and stir. Add the cress before serving.