Green salad with cucumber & lime vinaigrette
I was thinking about the water content of a cucumber when I came up with this idea: crush a cucumber and extract its “juices” to make a vinaigrette. The result is light, refreshing, mild, savoury, and a lot healthier than oil- or mayonnaise-based dressings.
- ServesServes 4–6
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 cups baby spinach, finely chopped
- 2 cups curly lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Segments of 2 clementines, peeled and diced
- 3 oz (1 package) instant ramen noodles (uncooked)
For the cucumber vinaigrette
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 green onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pour all the cucumber vinaigrette ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Adjust the seasoning if needed and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a salad bowl, mix well, and add vinaigrette as desired.