Raw zucchinis noodle pad thaï
I PICKED MY VERY FIRST HOME-GROWN HUMONGOUS ZUCCHINI! It’s so good and inspiring and satisfying and I could go on and on about it…
I got a spiralizer for Christmas, and I must admit that it wasn’t a tool I used often in the kitchen but for this recipe along with my home-grown zucchinis, it was well worth it.
Marinated tofu is a great option to serve with this meal.
- Serves4 to 6
- Prep time30 min
- Cook time35 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 large green or yellow zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 2 cups of bean sprouts
- 1 red pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh thaï or regular basil, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 shallots, sliced at an angle
- 3 tablespoons of chopped roasted salted peanuts
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 lime’s zest & juice
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce (nuoc-mâm)
- 1 teaspoon of corean pepper or crushed chili pepper
- Blend all salad ingredient in a bowl, then set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in another bowl, then pour over the salda and mix together.
- Season if needed, then serve.