Strawberry & wild rice salad
This clip is the last one in our Monday night series, which was lots of fun to shoot and share with you.
Alex and I are wondering what to do next, but we know for sure we’d eventually like to bring you new video capsules, similar to the last ones, but with some kind of twist.
Thanks for watching! See you soon!
- ServesServes 6
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- Basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped (or more, to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the water and rice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to the lowest setting. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the rice is cooked. Let cool.
- Transfer to a salad bowl with the remaining ingredients. Mix well and serve.