Grapefruit, poppy seed pancakes with honey whipped cream
- Serves10 small pancakes
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup 2 tbsps of grapefruit juice (about 1 grapefruit)
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- Butter, for baking
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream, 35%
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 grapefruit, in segments
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk and the grapefruit juice. Add the flour, baking powder and the poppy seeds while still whisking to prevent lumps.
- Melt a small amount of butter on medium heat. Pour the pancake mix onto a pan. Turn over once it is no longer wet on the sides then continue cooking for 1 minute. Set aside in the oven.
- Whip the cream, then add the honey.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the whip cream and grapefruit pieces.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018