Breakfast pops (strawberry, nut butter, yogurt & granola)
My daughter loves popsicles, and the more I made some, the more I started to like them as well. When summer started out, there was a time when she didn’t want anything to do with eating breakfast; it was an impossible task! So I came up with the idea of making a breakfast popsicle. This heatwave was the perfect opportunity to introduce them; it was a success!
It’s a bit work to put together. I was inspired by the many impossible recipes on Pinterest, and I’ve transformed them to make them possible. Check out the video here!
- ServesMakes 6 to 8 popsicles
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time25 min
- Timeout4 hours minimum
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/2 cup of strawberries (or your preferred small fruits)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup of nut butter (your preference)
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of granola, homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
- Blend the strawberries and banana into a puree with a handheld mixer.
- Mix the nut butter and cocoa powder in a bowl, then set aside.
- Add the granola, yogurt, nut butter as well as the banana and strawberry puree into popsicle moulds, then finish them off with a bit of granola again.
- Freeze them for a minimum of 4 hours, or until properly frozen.
- Remove from the moulds and serve.