Apple, cheddar & bacon filled crêpes
- Serves8 medium size crêpes
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time25 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 4 slices of bacon, minced
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3 apples, grated or chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of aged cheddar, grated
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla together. Add the flour and salt gradually, and keep whisking for lumps prevention. Add the melted butter, then set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan then lightly coat with butter. Use a ladle to pour the mix onto the pan in pancake shapes. Bake until top is no longer wet, then flip and bake for another minute. Repeat for all pancake mix. Set aside.
- In another pan, cook all the bacon. Add the brown sugar and apples, then continue cooking for another 3 minutes. Add one cup of cheese, stir then remove from heat.
- Spread the filling onto the crepes and roll up.
- Lay the rolled-up crepes side by side in a baking pan, then pour what’s left of the cheese and broil for a few minutes until the cheese is golden.
Tips & tricks
You could prepare the crepes and filling the day before and then bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F whenever needed.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018