Oven baked donuts with strawberry & chia seed jam (lactose free)
Here is a lactose free donut recipe with a cake-like texture, which will certainly make many of you quite happy. They are also baked not fried, and this strawberry jam recipe is quickly put together but also does not contain much sugar.
- Prep time25 min
- Cook time20 min
- Timeout5 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 of Original Natura almond beverage
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of strawberries, stems removed
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Water (as needed)
- Preheat the oven at 350°F, and place the rack at the center of it. Grease a donut pan, and set aside.
- Combine the flour, corn starch, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl, then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the almond beverage, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract together. Add this mix to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Add the mix to a pastry bag, or a Ziploc bag and cut a corner off then fill in the donut pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool before removing them from the molds, then repeat until there is no more mix left.
- While the donuts bake, blend the strawberries, honey and chia seeds in a food processor until you are satisfied with the texture, add a tablespoon of water if needed.
- Pour the jam into a pot and cook on medium heat until bubbles form atop the mix. Then continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes allowing the jam to thicken.
- Keep in an air-tight container and enjoy with the still-warm donuts.
Tips & tricks
Keeps in the refrigerator for up to a week and can be frozen.