Caramel & cinnamon pancake swirls
- ServesYields 6 medium size pancakes
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time20 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (or soy or cow’s milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Butter, for baking
- Half a banana
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk (or soy or cow’s milk)
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Blend all ingredients for the caramel together. Pour into a Ziploc bag and cut a small part of a corner to use as a pastry bag. Then set aside.
- Blend ingredients for the icing. Then set aside.
- Blend the banana in a blender, along with the eggs and the milk. Transfer into a bowl, then add the flour and baking powder and keep whisking to avoid lumps.
- Melt a bit of butter in a non-stick pan, and pour the pancake mix into it.
- Use the pastry pouch and pour the caramel on top of the pancake, letting it bake for as long as possible on that one side. Flip over then bake for another 30 seconds.
- Serve with icing.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018