Chocolate-y Popcorn, pretzel & peanut bars
I’ve started watching a fascinating documentary « Abstract » on Netflix recently; it focuses on many different professionals driven by design (photographers, interior designers, illustrators etc.). It’s been a revelation for me because I’ve always thought my love anything pretty was a bit superficial, and this documentary helps you put words on that kind of love. It’s inspiring and profound. I highly recommend this series to everyone.
While I usually don’t spend much time watching TV, I seemed to be glued to my couch with this series lately so, I figured why not come up with a few movie-night worthy snacks recipes :). I’ll have a few more coming this week.
- Serves18 pieces
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time8 mins
- Timeout 1hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/2 cup (1 225 g bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 4 cups of popped popcorn
- 2 cups of crushed pretzels
- 1 1/2 cup of unsalted peanuts (or any other nut)
- Line an 11”x13” pan with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Mix the chocolate chips, peanut butter and honey in a large bowl, then melt together in a double boiler.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir then pour into the mould. Press down to compact it all together.
- Refrigerator for an hour until it sets then slice into bars. Keep in the fridge.