Blueberry & cashew frozen bars
- Serves16 Portions
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time30 mins
- Timeout12 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- A few fresh blueberries, as toppings
- 1 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
- 3/4 cup of vanilla frozen yogurt
Replacement optionsvanilla soy ice cream
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 lime’s zest
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
Replacement optionsyour choice of frozen fruits
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 à 2 tablespoon of water
- Soak the cashews for 8 hours in water. Strain then set aside.
- Blend the almonds and dates in a food-processor, thus forming the dough. Add water if needed then press the crust down into a 9” square mould.
- Add all the garnish ingredients to a food-processor and blend for 3 to 5 minutes, or until smooth.
- Pour onto the crust and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Cut in 16 pieces and top with fresh blueberries.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018