Bird brains (White chocolate & orange Marshmellow-y Rice puff balls)
When we shot this recipe, I ate about 20 of these. I’m just putting this out there: it wasn’t such a great idea. Hahah!
While these sweet-bites are probably the best thing you’ve ever taste, please enjoy them responsibly.
I’m so used to healthy energy balls, that I kind of forgot that these have marshmallows, butter, chocolate and rice puffs.
- Serves20 - 25 bites
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time8 mins
- Timeout1 hour in the fridge
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 tablespoons of butter
Replacement optionsplant-based butter
- 2 cups of small marshmallows
- 2 cups of rice puffs
- 1 (100 g) white chocolate bar, crushed
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 orange’s zest
- A pinch of salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large pot. Cook over low heat for 8 minutes or until the mix is smooth and well-combined.
- Pour the warm mix into a large bowl then add the remaining ingredients, and stir.
- Lay out 1 tbsp portions on the baking sheet then mould with wet fingers to get a nice ball shape. Refrigerate for an hour and enjoy.