Banana, Coffee & Nut upside-down cake
- Prep time30 mins
- Cook time40 mins
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 bananas, sliced in 2 cm thick pieces
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of cold butter
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup of infused espresso
- Bananas: grease a 9’’ square oven-safe pan, then lay out the banana slices on the bottom. Set aside.
- Pour the sugar and water into a medium size pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until the sugar is golden. Remove from heat then add the butter and whisk. Pour onto the bananas and set aside.
- Cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the rack at the centre of it.
- Chop the walnuts finely in the blender. Add the flour then set aside.
- Whisk the butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes in a bowl. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the coffee and the cream.
- Pour the flour mix into the egg mix while alternating with the coffee and cream mix then pour into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Let cool entirely before removing from pan.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018