I am currently on vacation in Spain, but I spent all of last week preparing recipes in order to be able to continue posting while I’m gone.
This is my favourite chocolate cookie recipe, and I guarantee you will love it!
- ServesYields 12 cookies
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 10.5 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and 9 oz of chocolate (not the whole thing) over low heat. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, beat the eggs and sugar for 12 minutes, or until light and smooth (this step is crucial).
- Add the flour, baking powder, melted chocolate, remaining chocolate, and almond extract. Mix.
- Scoop balls of 2 tablespoons of dough onto the parchment paper. Cook for 9–10 minutes or until cookies crackle.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheets before serving.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018