Chocolate cinnamon madeleine cakes
This week is all about our Chocolats Favoris partnership, and I had challenged myself to cook with their new products from “ The sweet side of cooking ”, and I have to admit that it wasn’t a challenge at all haha!. Apparently baking sweets stimulates your imagination like none other.
Here’s a chocolaty recipe that will be delicious with a cup of tea or coffee in the afternoon. If you don’t own Madeleine molds, simply use a mini-muffin pan, the look will be different but the taste will be the same.
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time12 min
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, sieved
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 of eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of melted Chocolats Favoris milk chocolate drops
- 1/4 cup of hazelnut bresiliennes
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar with a handheld mixer until the mix whitens and doubles in volume.
- Gradually alter adding the flour mix and melted butter one at a time.
- Refrigerate the mix for an hour before continuing.
- Preheat the oven at 400°F and set the rack at the middle of it. Grease and dust flour on the Madeleine molds then set aside.
- Pour the mix into the molds, then bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the molds as soon as they are out of the oven.
- Dip each madeleine in the melted chocolate and into the Hazelnut Brezilienne, then lay onto a cooling grid.