Zucchini chocolate muffins
If you know your kids don’t eat enough greens, here’s the perfect recipe to slip them some while they think they’re eating dessert. It’s a win-win situation where you’ll know they’re having a healthy snack.
- ServesYields 12 muffins
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time25 mins
- Timeoutminimum of 4 1/2 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of quick oats
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of grated zucchinis
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the rack at the center of it. Line a muffin pan with paper cups and set aside.
- Combine the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Whisk the vegetable oil with the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon in another bowl, then add the chopped zucchinis.
- Add the dry ingredients in and mix until well-combined.
- Pour mix into the muffin cups and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Tips & tricks
Can be kept for up to 3 days in an air-tight container at room temperature or for 5 days in the refrigerator.