Mashed potatoes, cranberries & almond muffins
I was thinking about all the holiday leftovers this year, and I thought to myself, why not make some muffins with mashed potatoes instead of flour? Add a bit of cranberries, and it’s a revolution!
On a side note to that brilliance, if you packed your mashers with garlic, you might want to skip this one. There can be salt in the potatoes, but they have to be neutral for best results.
- Serves12 muffins
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time35 to 40 mins
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 3 tablespoons of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup of almond powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of jelly cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the rack at the centre of it. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- Whip the butter and sugar in a standing mixer for 5 to 6 minutes, or until you get a creamy mix.
- Add the eggs one at a time then lick the side of the bowl. Whip for 5 minutes or until the mix is light and frothy.
- Add the mashed potatoes, almond powder and baking powder. Mix then add the cranberry sauce.
- Pour the mix into the muffins tins and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool completely and enjoy!