Banana, raspberry & white chocolate muffins
I’m always looking for new muffin ideas. The other night, while watching a cooking show, I saw a girl cooking a type of dessert pizza with raspberries and white chocolate.
The show wasn’t even over before I was in the kitchen, making raspberry and white chocolate muffins. I also jumped at the chance to use an old banana I had on the counter.
It turned out super delicious. I recommend putting a few raspberries on top of the muffins before baking them; that’s how I got them to look so pretty for the photo.
- ServesYields 6 muffins
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time20-25 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
Replacement optionsor dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a muffin pan with 6 liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the bananas and brown sugar for 1 minute. Add the oil, egg, egg yolk, and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients, mix well, and add the raspberries and chocolate. Mix and fill the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.