Cashew & chocolate frozen pie
This pie recipe is the perfect desert to make when you entertain over the holidays because you can make it a few days in advance and simply keep it frozen till you’re ready to serve, thus giving you more time to get everything else on the menu ready.
The Chocolats Favoris ingredients used in this recipe are from their latest line of products called “ The sweet side of cooking “. If you’ve never used them before, now’s the time. And just so you know, you won’t be able to stop using them afterwards. You’re welcome!
- Prep time25 min
- Cook time30 mins
- Timeout4 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/2 cup of unsalted almonds
- 1 1/2 cup of pitted dates
- 1 à 2 tablespoon of water
- Blend the almonds along with the dates in a food blender to form your crust. Add 1 to 2 tbsps of water as needed. Spread the crust onto a 9” pie dish, then set aside.
- Blend the cashews, the chocolate drops and ice cream in a food processor (3-5 minutes), until smooth.
- Pour this mix onto the crust, then garnish with white chocolate shavings.
- Freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Before serving, let cool for 10 minutes, then cut in 8 pieces.