Brie & Jam en croute
While this recipe has a few extra steps to completion, it’s very straightforward to get done. What’s more, if you have friends or family over for supper, you can prep these little knapsacks a few days ahead of time and then freeze them until you need them. Everybody will love the delicious jam & cheese combination!
- Serves1 hour
- Prep time4 to 6 portions
- Cook time10 mins
- Timeout30 to 40 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 pate brisee, store-bought
- 2 tablespoons of Bonne Maman jam, your preferred flavour
- 200g of brie
- 1 egg, slightly whisked
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 4-5mm thickness. Cut out a large enough circle to cover the cheese entirely.
- Spread the jam at the centre of the dough.
- Slice a few notches onto the top of the cheese with a knife then lay that part into the jam.
- Cover the cheese with the dough entirely, close up your little bun by pressing each corner down into the middle.
- Freeze for a minimum of an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, and place the rack at the centre of it.
- Add the bundle to a parchment lined baking sheet (junctions facing down), baste with an egg then bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before you enjoy.