Crispy chicken fingers with a mustard & apricot jam dipping sauce
Today was cleaning day at the office, but everybody was dressed up. We had a Donal Trump, Donalda, A voodoo doll, a chicken(?), a creepy pregnant doll, and that’s only to name a few. It was a lovely mix of the weird and hilarious.
- Serves12 - 15 chicken fingers
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time30 - 35 mins
- Timeout10 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of apricot jam
- 1 cup of Panko breading
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut shreds
Replacement optionssame quantity, Panko breading
- 2 chicken breasts (450 g), sliced
- Drizzle of olive oil (to bake)
- 1/4 cup of apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and place the rack at the centre of it.
- Set out 3 bowls on your work surface. Combine the flour and salt in the first bowl, whisk the eggs and jam in the second then mix the breadcrumbs and coconut in the third. Dip each chicken strip into the flour, eggs then breadcrumb mix, coating each piece entirely. Lay onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the chicken strips with olive oil, then cook for 30 minutes making sure you turn them over halfway through.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl, then serve with the chicken fingers
Tips & tricks
– To make this recipe with shrimp: use large shrimps, deveined and ready to cook and follow the same steps as for the chicken strips, then either fry or cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
– You can also fry the chicken fingers in vegetable oil, at 375°F for 5 to 8 minutes.