Curry, peach, tomato & duck skewers
Seems like summer has finally arrived, so here is a super trendy recipe for barbecue skewers in partnership with Brome Lake Ducks. Super easy and very quickly put together, this recipe will impress your guests with its divine taste.
There are many ways to prep duck meat for quick-fix meals during the week. It should also be noted that the Brome Lake Duck meat can be found in most grocery stores around here and that all ducks are raised in an outstanding environment, right here in Québec.
- Serves4 skewers
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time10 to 15 min
- Timeout1 hour minimum
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 Brome lake duck breasts, sliced in 8 pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 peaches, quartered
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper. as preferred
- Your choice of lettuce
- Roasted pepper strips
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- In a sealable bag, add all the marinade ingredients then add the duck in the bag and marinate for a minimum of an hour or overnight.
- Soak 4 12” bamboo sticks in water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 400 °F.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl then set aside.
- Add all the skewer ingredients onto a stick.
- Grill the skewers for 5 minutes each side for perfectly cooked meat (pink), then set aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with the salad.
Tips & tricks
Duck breast are best served when the meat is pink.