Apple jelly & barbecue sauce Trout
photo credit : Cindy Boyce
I personally love a good piece of trout with quinoa and green salad. It’s a complete meal, but it’s a light one. While I used a large piece of trout for this, you could always use two small ones and reduce your cooking time.
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time20 mins
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 piece of 700 – 800 g (or 2 of 400 g) of trout
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1/2 cup of apple jelly
- 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cups of apples, diced
- 1/2 cup of red onion, chopped
- Preheat the barbecue or oven to 400°F and place the grill at the centre of it.
- Grease the skin of the trout, then lay onto a large aluminum foil sheet. Season then set aside.
- Mix the apple sauce, barbecue sauce and sesame seeds and thyme then pour over the fish. Add the diced apple and onion then fold the foil over the trout in an air-tight space.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until the flesh is cooked.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen. Keeps for 2 days in the fridge.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018