Peach, radish and tuna tartare & spicy mayonnaise
Photo credit: Cindy Boyce
I usually serve tartare traditionally with a cookie cutter but this time around I figured, why not serve it on a large plate where people can go ahead and serve themselves? It changes things up and it’s pleasant.
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time5 mins
- Timeout10 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 600 g of yellowfin (albacore) tuna, diced
- 2 peaches, diced
- 4 radishes, sliced in small quarters
- ½ an orange’s zest
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 3 tablespoons of fresh chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, minced
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Tabasco, as preferred
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of bread, cut in bite sizes
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- Mix all the tartare ingredients then set aside in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oil and the butter in a non-stick pan on medium heat, then cook the bread and garlic until the croutons are golden. Let cool completely.
- Lay the tartare onto a large serving plate then garnish with croutons.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018