QUICK VEGGIE & CHEESE GNOCCHI
I’ve never been tempted to buy premade gnocchi. It was like I knew they wouldn’t be any good, or that the cashier and my husband would judge me for not taking the time to make my own. They aren’t complicated to make (especially with ricotta, and I have a great recipe in my book), but they do take a while, especially when it’s been a long day and you just want to sit down and relax.
So, today, I decided it was okay to buy store-bought gnocchi. I’m sharing the good news with this quick recipe that might just convince you to come to the dark side.
Enjoy these quick gnocchi!
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time20 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup sweet potato, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 package (500 g) store-bought gnocchi
- 2 cups brocoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (142 g) tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup store-bought sundried tomato pesto
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the gnocchi and broccoli florets and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter over high heat in a large non-stick pan, and sauté the gnocchi mixture for 10 minutes. To get a nice golden brown colour, avoid stirring too frequently.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, and serve.