Brown rice salad with tuna & black olives
Did you know that combining equal parts mayonnaise and Greek yogurt makes a high-protein, low-fat sauce that still has that delicious mayonnaise taste? It’s a useful tip taken from the book “À bas les kilos”, written by my nutritionist. You can substitute that combination here, even though my recipe calls for sour cream, because I’m totally crazy about it.
Brown rice is higher in fibre and protein than white rice, and it’s lower in carbohydrates, which makes it a better choice. Keep in mind that it’s important to branch out! Another option is to mix two types of rice, like wild rice and white rice, for a delicious alternative.
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time35 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 cans (6 oz) tuna
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 35 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Transfer to a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well, adjust the seasoning, and serve.