Fresh cheese spread with corn, pear & chorizo
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time5 mins
- Timeout10 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/4 cup of fresh cheese (Quark type)
- 1/2 very ripe pear, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 60 g of dry chorizo, minced (approx. 16 slices)
- 1/2 cup of cooked corn
- 2 tablespoons of Grenoble nuts, chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 slices of french sourdough bread
- Combine the fresh cheese and the crushed pear pieces in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pan then heat the chorizo for 2-3 minutes. Add the corn and nuts, then cover and cook for 2 minutes. Add the honey, then stir and set aside.
- Toast your bread slices, then top with the cheese spread as well as the chorizo and corn mix. Then serve.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen. Keeps for 2-3 days in the fridge (minus the toppings)
Recipe published on August 19, 2018