- Prep time15 min
- Cook time10 min
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 cups of warm water
- 1 (15g) bag of dehydrated shitake mushrooms
- A drizzle of vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 box (1 liter) of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- In a bowl, pour the water and mushrooms, then let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a pot, then brown the onions for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger then cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms water, then chop the mushrooms up before adding them. Incorporate the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, season if needed, then pour into a fondue bowl.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018