Green curry prawns & coconut milk
I think I’ve eaten more shrimp this month than I’ve eaten in my whole life. I’m in a phase where every excuse to use this little crustacean is a good one.
This recipe is quick to make, incredibly flavourful, and makes great leftovers for lunch the next day.
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time20 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- Dash of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot, heat the vegetable oil and sauté the onion for 7–8 minutes or until soft.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green onions, and curry powder and cook for 3 more minutes. Season with salt.
- Add the coconut milk and purée the mixture in a food processor or a blender until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pan and add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked. Adjust the seasoning and serve on a bed of rice.