Vegetables & pumpkin seed Chop Suey
Photo credit: Dana Dorobantu
A yummy vegetarian recipe that can be a stand alone meal in itself, but will also be delicious and filling if paired with chicken, beef, fish, seafood, tofu or tempeh.
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time18 mins
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 tablespoon of Canola oil
- 2 teaspoons of Sesame oil
- 1 cup of white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup of carrots, chopped julienne-style
- 1/2 cup of celery, minced
- 2 cups of Nappa cabbage, minced
- 3 cups of bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 2 green onions, chopped (beveled)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl, then set aside.
- Heat the Canola oil and sesame oil over high-heat in a large non-stick pan, then brown the mushrooms and onions for 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots, celery and sauce then continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the cabbage as well as the bean sprouts, then mix.
- Top with the pumpkin seeds and green onions to serve.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen. Keeps for 3 days in the fridge.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018