Fried onions & coconut milk mashed potatoes
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time25 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 cups of medium size yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 small can (160 ml) of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of chives, minced
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Cover the potatoes with water in a pot, then bring to a boil. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until they are cooked entirely.
- While the potatoes cook, heat the oil in a pan then fry the onion for about 5 minutes without them stirring much to get them nice and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon, wipe off the excess liquids with a paper towel then set aside.
- Strain the potatoes, then add the coconut milk, fried onion and chives. Season well then mash until thick and creamy.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018