Beef & merguez kefta with honey mustard
Around here we’ve nicknamed this recipe “lady fingers” or “juicy man fingers”, which we think is hilarious. I’ve made it three times this week and have finally realized that it’s foolish to assume it’ll survive more than 15 minutes on the table.
- ServesYields 10 keftas
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time25 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 4 merguez sausages (mild or hot)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 wooden skewers
For the honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whip all the honey mustard ingredients together and refrigerate.
- Using a knife, remove the merguez sausage casings and discard..
- In a bowl, combine the merguez sausage meat with the ground beef. Season and shape the mixture into 10 meatballs.
- Skewer each meatball and shape into elongated patties (see the picture on the left).
- Place the skewers on the baking sheet and bake for 20–25 minutes. Serve with the honey mustard.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018